Gun shop owners face unique risks, whether from accidental shootings, robberies, or product liability claims. A Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance for gun shops ensures that your business will be protected financially in case of an accident or lawsuit.
What Is a CGL Policy?
A typical CGL policy for a gun shop protects from third-party claims for bodily injury or property damage, personal and advertising injury, and medical payments.
It also covers any legal defense and settlement costs in the event of a lawsuit.
For example, if a customer is accidentally shot in a gun shop, the shop owner’s CGL policy would cover any resulting medical bills and legal fees.
What Does a CGL Policy Include?
Most CGL policies for gun shops include the following coverage:
- Bodily injury: This includes any physical harm sustained by a person as a result of an accident at the gun shop.
- Personal and advertising injury: This protects the gun shop owner from claims of libel, slander, or false advertising.
- Property damage: This covers any damage to property caused by the gun shop owner or employees.
- Medical payments: This covers the medical expenses of anyone injured on the gun shop premises, regardless of who is at fault.
What Does a CGL Policy Not Cover?
A CGL policy for a gun shop will not cover the following:
- Intentional acts: The policy will not provide coverage if the gun shop owner or employees intentionally cause bodily injury or property damage.
- Criminal acts: If the owner or employees commit a crime, the policy will not provide coverage.
- Pollution: If the gun shop owner or employees release hazardous materials into the environment, the policy will not provide coverage.
- Workers’ compensation: If an employee is injured on the job, the policy will not provide coverage. Workers’ compensation insurance is required by law in most states and provides benefits to employees who are injured on the job.
Benefits of Obtaining a CGL Policy
Rest easy knowing that your business is protected against the most common risks. Below are some of the benefits of having a policy in place:
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you’re protected from third-party liability claims can help you sleep better at night.
- Asset protection: In the event of a lawsuit, your CGL policy helps cover your legal defense costs and any damages that are awarded.
- Improved risk management: Having a CGL policy in place helps identify, manage, and plan for risks more effectively.
Work with Trusted Insurance Providers
Don’t let the unique risks of your gun shop catch you off guard. Ensure you are adequately covered by reaching out to Joseph Chiarello & Co., Inc.
Applying for a CGL policy is quick and easy. In most cases, you can get coverage in as little as 24 hours. We work with top-rated carriers to bring you the best possible price on your gun shop insurance.
Get a free quote today and see how much you could save! For more information or to get started on a policy, contact us today.